Need our help with an investigation? Please read the information below before completing our request form.
1. First off, we believe you. Although you may be nervous to talk to others about your experiences, please know we have heard it all. For a better understanding of your situation, we will ask questions about your experiences, please be honest as we do believe you.
2. We are a not-for-profit volunteer organization. What does this mean? It means every member of Carolina Paranormal investigates at their own expense, without getting paid. All of our team members have full time jobs, families, and other commitments. This means that every case we work, all of our research and evidence review has to be done by working around personal schedules and finances. Evidence data may take 6 - 8 weeks to review, some cases may take longer. If there is a lot of activity to review the documentation process can take much longer. Keep in mind, if we investigate for 6 hours, we have that much audio/video to review (per camera, per recorder). You will be provided a copy of any evidence found, if requested. Please have patience with us.
3. We are NOT an on-call service. We receive many requests and work as quickly as we can to help all of our clients. Investigations are sometimes scheduled up to 2 - 3 months in advance. We are here to help you, please have patience as we work to gather research and information to best handle your case.
4. Our Case Manager will make 3 attempts to contact you by phone and e-mail. If we cannot reach you within these attempts, your case will be closed and you will need to resubmit your request via our website. When our Case Manager contacts you, we will need approximately 60 - 90 minutes of your time to complete a client profile questionnaire. This information is necessary for us to determine how to best help and proceed with your case.
5. We conduct scientific research into paranormal phenomena. We do not use psychics, ouija boards, or conduct seances. We do not perform exorcisms, cleansings, or banishings. We conduct scientific investigations and use research of our client's locations in attempt to help our clients answer questions or offer explanations for what they are experiencing. We make no guarantee as to what we will find. We will only report the truth of our findings, supported by evidence.
6. We will keep in touch with you! Before and after the investigation, the Case Manager will call and e-mail. We ask, if possible, for you to keep a log or journal of activity that you are experiencing. We will also require a final confirmation from you and will begin contacting you 48 hours prior to the investigation. If we cannot reach you within 24 hours of the investigation, we will automatically cancel your request.
7. We are not a traveling road show. Unless they are pertinent to the case, please refrain from inviting friends and relatives over to watch the investigation without permission of the Team Manager or Director.
8. We will be respectful of your property. Our investigators assume their own liability and will be responsible for any damages. We will do our very best to leave your home/business in the same condition that we found it.
9. Due to constraints with rental agreements, landlords uninterested in having property investigated, and potential evidence contamination issues we no longer investigate residences of the following type - Apartments, Condos, Town Homes, Duplexes or Mobile Homes. If you are a renter at a home, please ensure that you have validated with your landlord permission for us to investigate as we do require validation before we come to the property.
10. We do not charge for our services, but donations are greatly appreciated!